If my keyboard was equipped to post this in the Korean alphabet, I'd do it.

So, yes, it's after midnight, and I have a glaring headache and a stubborn streak about going to bed any time soon. Might as well blog, yes?

Lately, I've fallen victim to my MISH! and her diabolical plan to never see me finish editing a novel because her latest move involved something called Kdramas. For the uninitiated, these are quirky/fairly innocent nighttime soap operas from Korea. With subtitles. And boy howdy are they addictive. The teenager in me fangasms like mad about them. My husband may have lost all respect for me, because yeah, okay, there is definitely a common thread of hokiness in all of them, even the vigilante revenge one, but COME ON. He knows my biggest time-sucking weakness (and he's strangely encouraging about it ???), and I present the following into evidence.


Kim Hyun Joong, possibly the prettiest male smiler ever.

imagination-rules-the-world:

Lee Min Ho
Lee Min Ho, who has unfairly long legs.
And finally, the ridiculously beautiful Jang Geun Suk

Apparently, Korea is churning out some seriously pretty Pretty Boys, AKA that aforementioned weakness of mine. In my defense, though, while I might have begun watching because of the scenery, I kept watching because I became more and more interested in the cultural differences. For instance, I've begun learning Hangul, the Korean alphabet, and wonder if I might some day learn to speak Korean. It's so lyrical. So far, the lessons are going well, even if I'm a little apprehensive about getting into the grammar, because I have English grammar so very deeply ingrained in my knowledge banks. Still, it's been kind of fun! I love language, and I like studying things independently, so . . .

I also determined to mutually get healthier and my sexy back, so I've been working out between 30 minutes and an hour every day, mostly weight and resistance training, but as much as I hate running/cardio, I've even worked in some of that every day. You would not believe how pumped you can get just playing Star Wars Kinect Galaxy Dance off. Guys, I have actual biceps at this point! They're still small, but they're there! Husband and I have a weekend away coming up, and I plan to turn some heads for all the right reasons.

There you have it; what I've been doing instead of editing as much as I should. Summer's coming up soon, so after a week or so readjusting for that schedule, I should get a lot more writing time in, even while nursing my Kdrama affliction.

*sigh* And now I'm finally tired. head's still roaring dully, but I think I can fall asleep. 

Night, guys. Stay safe.
 

3 comments:



Denise said...

We have very different taste in boys. My male fantasy could beat up yours.

AmethystGreye said...

I'm not sure that's entirely fair, 'cause I have muscle-bound favorites, too, and my pretty boys comes from all parts of the globe, so it's not ONLY the Korean ones. I'm just not into guys whose muscles are soooo developed they look like humanoid popcorn balls.

You know this about me. ;p

Michelle said...

Bwaha! My evil plans, they always work.

And Denise, you have to see Lee Min Ho in City Hunter and you'll realize he could take out anyone you throw at him.

Post a Comment