The Difference Between What is and What Could Have Been

This evening I face the likelihood I will puke up the entire contents of my stomach in the next twenty-four hours. This is likely because all three of my podlings have done so in the last couple of weeks, and since I cleaned up after each of them, I've probably gotten their bug.

Do I want to puke up the entire contents of my stomach? No. In fact, I would rather be any other kind of same-level sick in the world. I HATE puking. Unfortunately, my hatred of the action isn't enough to stop me from having to perform it.

Just like my hatred for sometimes having to "power through" a scene in order to create my own progress (rather than waiting for some much less toiling-ish inspiration fix up everything) won't stop me needed to power through, regardless. I don't want to just write whatever crap comes into my head so that I can get over this hump, finish, and come back some time sooner than later to make something good out of the yuck I put down.

Just like the yuck I'll be putting down, gastro-intestinally speaking.

Personal Note: I write better when nails are done in a dark color. I think it's because my nails then blend in with my dark keyboard and don't offend my ADD sensibilities.

Also, so far, I'm pretty much of the opinion all these American remakes of British shows are only half as good as the UK originals. Keep it in mind.

1 comments:



maezy said...

"powering through" is a concept i have always applied to running, particularly the last 3-5 miles of a half marathon. i have recently begun to apply this concept to writing my dissertation as i am thisclose to finishing two of three papers and i'm both stuck and hate it. so i came here to seek writing inspiration, only to find your more recent post exactly what i have realized what i need to do! i guess no matter what you write for which audience, certain concepts remain the same.

-amanda

Post a Comment